?
October 17, 2004
Day Eighty-Eight
Having just completed watching the first two hours, eight minutes, and thirty-six seconds of Dead Poet's Society, I pause for a moment while what I can only hope is the remainder of the film is acquired. I reflect upon a day that - like so many in this beguiling and bitter transition towards eventual adulthood - was filled with highs and lows. My high came during a spectacular hike with out Outing Club along the trails of the Stony Brook State Park. My low came during the afternoon, when the rigors of the hike compounded with a truly abysmal sleep pattern last night to create a pit of despair that I could not see myself surviving. I may still not; if I don't sleep the next two nights I will have to raise serious questions about my current place in life.

In the meantime, I had a great hike and watched two hours, eight minutes, and thirty-six seconds of a film that left me utterly inspired. Both in how lucky I am to have parents which love and support me rather than cast me into their pre-defined mold. And to give me the perspective to reach beyond the drab surroundings of my current world and let my mind soar, let it challenge the status quo of what my life has to be. I researched colleges tonight.

The research helped allay some of my fears and confirm others. But the research itself is perhaps enough.

I also spent a good deal of time helping Mike look for his cellphone. It was a wholly worthy pursuit for reasons that circumstance won't allow me to properly translate. Good night.

  posted by Adam at 03:27 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com