?
December 20, 2004
Photographs
Photographs are our way of knowing that we're being seen; that we're being heard. While scanning a batch for my gallery on this site, I came across a couple of me in a kayak from the forth of July. Seeing them (one of which is my photograph on the right, by sheer coincidence), I was struck by the idea that while I was out kayaking, someone on the docks took the time to think that maybe I'd want a picture of me kayaking and that same someone took the time to make it happen. Sitting in the basement, my mother and I started in on the third disc of the "Everwood" Season One DVD set. She was struck by many of the same scenes, same lines as I was. I instant messaged Darren's sister to find out his condition after an oral surgery. These little acts of sharing experiences and showing our appreciation for others is a wondrous means of contentment and connection in these dark times. The human race is a community, one whose members what nothing more than to be heard and to be appreciated. For now, I sit and wait; smile my bemused smile and dream.
  posted by Adam at 23:03 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com