?
December 16, 2004
Letter to a Songwriter
It's 2:13 am on Thursday. I'm in the middle of my EE homework and I had an epiphany when your song came up on iTunes.
You know what that was great? The first time I heard it we connected in a way more intimate than perhaps anything day to day could account for. For that for 2:33 you and I shared an idea so completely and totally that it was damn near telepathy. The idea in your head was exactly the same as I. I was struck again by the line "I live a life free of danger, man is it ever a drag" That's the key to the human condition right now. We aren't tested by anything. You touched on the key to everything. In creating a safety net our species has sealed its members off from each other - we're in Eden again, and we can't figure out why it makes us so anxious. I get it now; it's because the human story didn't really begin until God cast us. In my present struggle, you found inspiration - and I have discovered that I have as well. I wouldn't repeat the last two months for pretty much anything, but it's filled out parts of my being in ways I could have scarely imagined. I want to thank you for actually speaking to me with those lyrics, almost certainly as clearly as anyone has in the sum of my interactions. Cheers.
  posted by Adam at 02:21 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com