?
September 17, 2004
Days Fifty-Eight and Fifty-Nine
Good morning! Good morning!
Nothing to do; to save his life call his wife in
Nothing to say, but what a day! How's your boy been?
Nothing to do; it's up to you.
I've got nothing to say but it's O.K.

Good morning, good morning...
As we begin Day Sixty, I have more energy and outright happiness than I've had since leaving home. I just got back from A Clockwork Orange, a film disturbing perhaps the most due to how well I and the audience played into it. Still, it was fucking alive. I haven't been in contact with something so alive since leaving home. Walking home on my blistered and bloodied right foot, I was floating on air. I missed the elevator so I danced my way up the stairs in a way I haven't perhaps ever.

Calculus was as unbearable as ever, English was quiet enjoyable, and Comp. Sci. lab was frustrating if only because I have only two questions left to finish. I'll have to drop by at some point tomorrow. And now, as I type, "When I'm Sixty-Four" is waltzing across the headphones. My roommate is talking on the phone, and Alex is spouting political retoric across the IM window. And I feel that it may perhaps be a perfect span of moments.

Yesterday I didn't post about my day because I was too busy posting about Tuesday's. It was nice; my roommate has Electronic Gaming Club, so I have the room to myself to unwind. I rewatched the season premiere of "Everwood" and found I liked it alot better once I'd gotten over the extensive changes. That's really all I remember; another remarkable day lost to the selective nature of a less remarkable memory.

Today I also got a card from Granny, Maia's grandmother. It was a really nice gesture, considering. Another person to add to the less of people I need to write to. I finally called Morrie about his website. His reaction to my reaction to their condom card was perfect. I talked to Maia, but she was preoccupied, and for the first time in a while, I had the security of self to understand that. In all, I'm learning just how remarkable even the most mundane day can be. It's a rather profound experience to be actually happy far from home. And then there's the fact that'll if all goes well I'll be in my own home two weeks from this very moment.

Well, my roommate just turned out the lights and hit the sack, and I'm beat so I think I'll follow suit. No classes tomorrow!

  posted by Adam at 01:04 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com