?
September 14, 2004
Day Fifty-Six
Today is another image-intensive post, and the only reason I'm up this late taking care of it with a nine-o'clock class tomorrow is because my roommate's friend is over and I wouldn't be getting much sleep if I tried. Today was my second purely lecture Calculus class, and it reminded me in an utterly excruciating fashion just how much I should appreciate workshop days. I had a meeting for the Red Brick Network tonight, and I volunteered to do the lead in and lead out spots as well as sit the booth on Friday for a half hour during Club Day. The idea didn't really thrill me, but I figured I'd might as well get involved with something.

So I came back to the room and worked on that in Photoshop for about a half hour. Then the season premiere of "Everwood" came on, and like last season only to a much greater extent I find myself unable to get settled in like I did throughout the first season. Watching the pilot on the DVD, I was struck by how different (and IMO better) the show was back then. Compare the slow sweeping shot over the mountain with Cat Stevens in the background to the hyperfast slick new credit sequence set to the ultra-pop version of Blake Neeley's theme song. Still, new "Everwood" is good "Everwood."

As for the three images: Something my roommate said on the phone made me think to check my mail. The card featured came from Maia's parents, and pretty much made my day. They have a unique sense of humor, to say the least.

The notebook page represents the last painful page of many from today's calculus class. The devolved state of the notes says all it needs to.

And finally, last and greatest, is a screenshot of my first-ever program. I forgot my notes in the room and I wasn't walking back without having done anything, so I pieced things back together and made a program called MyVariablesTest in Java which outputs:

The fish weighed
32
pounds.
A modest beginning, to be sure, but I can say I'm proud of it. In the mean time, I'm going to brush my teeth and make an effort at clearing out my room.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  posted by Adam at 01:40 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com