?
September 13, 2004
Day Fifty-Five
What a difference a few hours makes. I remember looking down at my cellphone on the walk back from the library and noting the time as 9:20. I'd just finished a couple hours of Calculus homework, I had a massive headache from baking under the flourescent lamp of the library desk. I had serious questions about my chosen major, college, and future. I got back to find my roommate playing some game which an infuriating bass line pounding into my brain. Rushing through the final homework checks and clicking "Print" on my FYE paper, I took off to the field house with only my headphones. (Someone threw what I can only believe was a bag of piss at me) It was about twenty minutes before they closed, and I got in fifteen minutes on the bike while flipping between the audio for CNN Headline News and a repeat of "The Practice."

This did a good deal to calm me, and talking with Darren on AIM did a good deal more. Halfway through, I made a run down to the tunnels to wrangle a fifty cent hot chocolate out of the expresso machine. I had a friendly conversation with a complete stranger, and the fact that there are friendly strangers here (in the non-creepy way) did a good deal more. Meanwhile, my roommate had switched from the hard-pounding bass to the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. By the end of the conversation, it was fifteen minutes into the new day but less than three hours later. But by this point, I felt calm, comfortable, at home, and at peace. The evenings at RIT may suck, but nine times out of ten, the late nights can't be beat.

  posted by Adam at 00:34 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com