?
July 02, 2005
The World Quietly Changes
I sit here having just listened to Def Leppard rock out to "Pour Some Sugar on Me" live from Philly. Earlier I heard Pink Floyd play as their classic line-up for the first time in twenty years. Before that, I heard U2 and Paul McCartney team up for a live rendition of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Madonna sung "Like A Prayer" with a young woman who had been a child with "10 minutes to live" back in '85. Throughout, except for commercials and MTV's atrocious coverage not inclusive, there was no comercialization, no Pepsi banners or the like. It is one of the few events I've ever seen on TV so stripped down to it's roots. And cumulatively, today featured one of the great line-ups of all time. China may be trying to buy our country out from under us as I type, the dark side of these quiet changes, but for now, I'm going to end it so I can say that I posted on the same day that Pink Floyd reunited and helped unite a cause.
  posted by Adam at 23:42 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com