?
June 08, 2005
Rabble in the Rumble
I'm sitting here at my keyboard at one o'clock in the morning blasting music through my headphones desperately trying to drive out the incessant mental call that all things end. Because things are good now - as close to perfect as last year was. There is some model of perfection that I strive for, and each year that I fail to achieve that model brings it farther and farther away from possibility. For I am in love, and every action I take, every cruel nudge of time towards maturity rips away a little bit of time that could be spent in communion such that two become an effortless one.
Even apart from that, last year was terrible - the worst of my life - and knowing exactly how bad this year could turn out, I dread its coming with unusual tenacity. I fear a world that is not composed of the people and things that I already love. How little this world has to replace them. How tragic, how depressing, how despicably NORMAL. My foundation is crumbling; one more fading voice in the cacophony of the human race.
  posted by Adam at 01:58 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com