?
June 22, 2005
Drowning Light with Darkness
I thought it was a stink bug; we've had problems with them in the past. Only when I crushed it with the blunt end of an out-of-use flashlight and saw the way it's blood smeared light across my bedroom floor did I realize the full measure of what I had done. It was not a stink bug; it was a firefly. Those fantastic creatures that light up the night and embue an ordinary world with just a dash of magic. One had graced its presence upon my room, not harming anything, and I crushed it, and made it's light flicker out forever. It is not the most important event of the past few days, but in its own way it is the most elementally tragic.
  posted by Adam at 00:11 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com