?
April 11, 2005
When Bats Attack
I'd spent most of the evening in the G7 lounge chatting on AIM, then finally watching tonight's "Arrested Development" - the Zach Braff episode. Halfway through, something comes flying at my head. It was a live, honest-to-God bat. I shit you not. I watched it fly around the room, hyperspeed like five times before I ran for the door. I got out and locked it into the lounge, but this presented two difficulties. 1) My laptop, ethernet cord, power supply, and headphones were still in the lounge. 2) My keys were still in the lounge. My roommate was inexplicably missing (still is) so I just stood in the hallway staring through the glass windows as the bat flew around and around, actually perching on the screen. Finally, I propped the door open with a rock that was inexplicably in there. It was a small opening, and I didn't think the bat would make it out. Several people looked at me funny as they passed. Finally though, sure enough, the bat slips out, and the hallway panics. I slip into the lounge, turn on the lights, and close the door. Grab all my stuff, including my keys, and make a run for my room. By this point, the people on the floor had lock the bat in the triple next to this room. As I type this, the R.A. is dealing with the situation, and we're waiting for Campus Safety to show up.
  posted by Adam at 02:33 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com