?
March 01, 2005
Echoes in the Darkness
Okay, so today I got to watch my heart beat on a monitor and it was really, really cool. They rubbed this jelly on my chest that's translucent for a little ways in then turns opaque blue. Then the woman at Capital Cardiology probed me with this stick thingy which brought my heart up on the screen. They can even colorize the different flows of blood. I thought heart valves opened either like a hinge or like a flower bud, but it's more like when a Rockette kicks her leg up in a dance line. . First the valve or flap or whatever I was looking at is like an upside down "V" and then extends all the way out. I got to see all four chambers of my heart.
I'd known about having to get an echo cardiogram as early as winter break, when I went in for a routine check-up or whatever and she heard a "click". The jury's still out on whether it's a murmor or not. But until I find out whether the situation is dire or not, I can treasure watching my own heart, MUCH cooler than anything on the Discovery Channel (back when that was like, the channel for educational programming.
I also got a new book, Star Wars: Labyrith of Evil, which leads directly into Revenge of the Sith. Finally, a lot of cool tidbits that came occasionally as pretty shocking stuff. Easier read than most of Luceno's stuff, too.

Song of the Moment: Alexi Murdoch - Blue Mind

  posted by Adam at 01:11 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com