?
September 21, 2004
Day Sixty-Three
If there's anything that today has taught me, it's that you've got to keep on top of your work or else it will overwhelm you. In order to watch the Emmys last night, I put off the last four problems of my Calc homework. A seemingly easy proposition, considering that I had a four hour break between Comp. Sci. and Cultural Anthropology. But a combination of a forgotten First Year Enrichment mandatory counseling session and the fact that one of those Calc problems had nine sub-sections and the others had atleast six, I had both more work and less time than I'd expected. I ended up capping off the math while eating my turkey sandwich on white in a twenty-minute span and then knocking off my Cultural Anthropology reading in the ten minutes before class - a total skim job. By the time I got out of the absolutely brutal two hour Calc lecture session I was already beaten down by the day. And then I remembered that I had my Red Brick Network at 7:00 and English reading, while Everwood comes on at 9:00. So I hit a quick dinner of a slice of garlic pizza, a slice of cheese pizza, and a bowl of Smacks with the two Mikes, then ran off to the meeting, calling my Grandma on the walk over. It was a very worthwhile 4 minute 26 second call. Whoops.

Calculus was unbearable (a few kids walked out halfway through) as usual, but the rest of my day while more pressured than I'd have liked, actually turned out decent. I hooked my laptop to my person by feeding the cable lock through one of my belt loops and brought it to the Red Brick Meeting to show my interludes. The commercial people had brought their work on a memory stick, so I was able to play that as well. We finally had some momentum and it was exciting. When I got back, I popped on the middle ten minutes of the season premiere of Still Standing. Despite the newfound potential hotness of Renee Olstead in years to come, the show wasn't nearly as good as I remember. Then Maia called and we had a nice long chat about nothing in particular. When I'd called she'd been in a big old rush, so it was nice to just shoot the shit. She's made an absolutely miserable senior year schedule for herself. No free periods. Everwood, while far from its height, was very decent tonight. I enjoyed the way the cast is integrated this year as opposed to last year, but dislike the looseness of characterization for the supporting characters. Afterwards I'd planned on watching last night's Jack & Bobby but by the time I'd finished acquiring it, it was too late to bother with. I guess that's why you watch live. While I'd been waiting, I fired off an e-mail to my Dad. I'm planning on going to bed after this. I've got to breeze through my English reading in the two hour gap between Comp. Sci. and English. I'm not even heading back to the dorms between, I'll just hit the library. That reminds me; I need to put my book in tonight. I'll take lunch between English and Calc. I have Outing Club tomorrow at 9, and I've got tests in Cultural Anthropology and Comp. Sci. on Wednesday that I'll need to be studying for. So my one bit of laziness has meant a rough two days. I'm trying to catch up so I'll have Wednesday free for the [i]Smallville[/i] premiere. I know basing my life on television is pathetic, but its one of the few small pleasures I have anymore.

  posted by Adam at 00:30 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com