?
July 29, 2004
Day Nine
It is quite fascinating the effect a minor fixation can have on one's perceptions of the world around them and the meaning of the events that happen within it. When the world can be glimpsed without that fixation, it is like a breath of fresh air. During the length of such a fixation, I was utterly convinced that my life would be depressing and barren without it. And yet, I have found that after the fixation disipates (or atleast loses its intensity) that the return to meaningless existence isn't nearly so depressing or barren as I had feared. The words of Amanda at the end of Another Roadside Attraction come to mind: "To say it has no meaning is not to say it has no value ... Mystery is part of nature's style, that's all. It's the Infinite Goof. It's meaning that is of no meaning." And so I look to the future with a little less trepidation.

I had another ephiphany pulling out of the parking lot from work it day and knew I should write it down, lest I forget. I have indeed forgotten; perhaps I should keep a pad in there. Just finished the "Dumbledore's Army" chapter of Order of the Phoenix. God I love this stretch of the book.

  posted by Adam at 03:31 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com