?
July 27, 2004
Day Seven
Again a late post. Sorry about that, it's just the way things tend to work.

Having found a note on my keyboard the previous night on the matter, I woke up this morning and returned a co-worker's call. Turns out he needed to someone to take his shift on Friday. I knew I had the day off, except for an appointment in the morning so I said sure. No sooner had I gotten off the phone then my mother tells me she's scheduled an eye appointment for me that very afternoon. So I had to call him right back and take back my offer. He's traded with me a few times, so I felt like a real jack ass. If nobody takes his shift come tomorrow, I'm gonna reschedule my eye appointment.

Quality PAL to NTSC conversion can be a real bitch. I got a certain video file at 25 fps. Since it was sped up from it's native 24 fps film format, I ripped the audio, used a program called BeSweet to slow the speed to approximately ninety-six percent of it's original speed and then used another program called VirtualDub to reencode an AVI file where the 25 fps video plays out at 23.976 fps without dropping or merging frames. That last step took approximately two hours, and then when I get it into a third program called TMPGEnc, I get an error. So I had to encode the SVCD's audio track seperately first from the BeSweet file and then encode the video as a whole. When I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to have cut the video file at the point where the audio has already been cut and multiplex the two files back together. And that's the simplest third of the operation.

Wasn't a big fan of getting the filling done either. Previously, they never gave me enough novicane and I could feel this cold icy pain as the drill hammered away. Today, I couldn't feel the drilling 'cause the dentist (a different one this time albeit in the same office) gave me so much. But I couldn't really feel my mouth through supper time, and shortly there after it caused me such a minor miserable pain that I popped 600 mg of Ibprofen. And all through this, the video's encoding in my room.

Once I'd got my tooth pain taken care of - and after catching up with this week's episode of "The 4400" - I took another bath. As I sit here typing, I remain stark naked save for the towel I used to dry my seven a couple hours ago. I made it through "The Second Task" on Goblet of Fire and I'm really sucked in. Good to know the books can still hold magic for me.

Finished my night by updating Serenity Cortex with seven new pictures from Comic-Con and two new news articles. Exhausted but still focued, I clicked over to Blogger and began writing this entry. Oh, and we had Pork Roast for dinner, with Apple Sauce. I could taste approximately half of it.

  posted by Adam at 02:37 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com