?
July 22, 2004
Day Two
I highly recommend starting your day to "Jet Airliner" by Steve Miller Band, preferably absolutely cranked. It wakes you up and invigorates you, like manual labor used to for our ancestors.

Making a CD for the car ride tonight:

1) Steve Miller Band - "Jet Airliner"
2) The Spinners - "Rubberband Man" (long vinyl version)
3) John Mellencamp - "Authority Song"
4) Jimmy Eat World - "The Authority Song"
5) Steve Miller Band - "Take the Money and Run"
6) O.A.R. - "Hey Girl"
7) Boston - Peace of Mind
8) Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love
9) Carbon Leaf - The Boxer
10)Paul Simon - Me & Julio Down by the Schoolyard
11)Jack Johnston - Plastic Jesus > Fall Line
12)Ryan Adams - Monday Night
13)Josh Ritter - Snow Is Gone
14)Barenaked Ladies - "testing 1,2,3"
15)Uncle Kracker - "Memphis Soul Song"
16)Rolling Stones - "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
17)Fountains of Wayne - "No Better Place"
18)Simon & Garfunkel - "Homeward Bound"
19)Phantom Planet - "California"

Anchorman was a fun, dumb time. The weatherman, Steve Carrell from "The Daily Show", stole every scene he was in. We took the Northway home on a whim and had a fun time. Northway driving used to bother me, but now I rather enjoy it. Less things to worry about; you just pick a lane and stay in it. When I got home I sat down and update my Serenity site with a press release. I was thinking about work and got rather depressed for some reason, can't remember exactly why but I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm going in the wrong direction with my life. Sometime soon I'm going to have to stop surviving and start living. In other news I got a whopping "1" on my AP Calc BC exam. This was expected from the moment I'd left the exam room. I'm nervous about Calculus in college. Hopefully it'll be easier the second time around.
The CD went over well. I just discovered that iTunes will make really cool mosaics out of the CD covers from the tracks for a mixed CD. Just go File > Print. Tommorrow I've got work (well, technically today as of three minutes ago) and I figure I'll finish Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and start Goblet of Fire, maybe label some more pictures. That is if the higher-ups don't have something more pressing for me to do.
I've already labelled my graduation pictures and my Old Forge pictures. The Old Forge pictures came out better than I thought, but only because I thought I'd fried the camera by getting it wet. I favor the wide shots, and there's too many pictures where you can barely tell who the people are. There's a few good ones, and the group shot (taken by the maid!) outside the motel room came out great.
Prisoner of Azkaban was always my favorite Harry Potter book, but the passion's just not there this time around. The movie didn't capture those key rousing moments for me, and now I can only conjure the movie's (not as well executed) visualizations of events. Ah well, gets me through my shift.
Got more college stuff from RIT. It says something when there's more information about financial options than everything else combined. We'll see how that turns out.
In the mean time, I'm just standing by and waiting for something to happen. Gotta get Kate something for graduation. Hopefully I won't get stuck on Saturday with working. For now, I wait for the repeat of last week's "The 4400" to come on at one. I was at my friend Alex's graduation party when it first aired on Sunday.

  posted by Adam at 00:21 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com