?
July 22, 2004
Day Three
Jerry Goldsmith is dead. I had an overwhelming desire to start tonight's entry thus, and so it is. It was a tidbit that I caught at some point in the day. I'm not very familiar with his film scores and thus was not deeply affected. Yet I got a vague understanding of his greatness by the way the others around me mourn. And I know he was on level footing with John Williams (who ended up with the job by luck of scheduling) for scoring duties on Superman: The Movie, and that's not nothing.

Forgot to bring my books to work today, and my inability to avoid the boredom through reading less to something in the range on an epiphany. As a result, I made two very satisfying pieces of art in MS Paint and helped go over a poster in marker. We also had an unusually busy day. The total result is that I had the most satisfying day of work in recent memory.

I will return shortly. At the moment I have to shit

And now I return from quite the stimulating bowel movement. As I pushed the feces through my rectum and out my anus, I came to understand why schizophrenia is such a difficult illness to overcome. And then I thought about writing. There was a third thing too, but it's been lost in formulation of these preceeding sentences.

I've also become fascinated (when thinking back to the first two entries) about what I choose to write about and what I choose to admit. It puts the things that make me personally uncomfortable into rather sharp relief. Alas, at least for now this blog will tiptoe around the more central things in my life. I find that I can only address the most important and personal preoccupations though my fiction. And my fiction is for the time being hopeless.

In other news, I received a rather humorous letter from RIT. They informed me that as I was too stupid to pass my AP exam, I would not be eligible to receive credit but that they looked forward to having me as a student in the fall and wished me success in the year to come.

Got my schedule for work next week. Day after tomorrow's the last Saturday, and I'm stuck working it. Oh well, in better news, office hours are an hour shorter starting Monday. I don't have to work, since I'm getting a filling that afternoon. Since my third co-worker is going to be back, I'm only on for two days and I'm out by 4:30. This makes my outlook considerably more optimistic.

Speaking of work, a particularly poignant thought struck my brain as I was pulling out of the parking lot today. My periods of depression come from having a clouded perspective. In those rare moments of clarity, the universe is a decent place and one that I am pleased to be in.

Some exciting news from me on the Serenity front. The editor from "Firefly" is doing the movie, too. Meanwhile, the producer posted a new blog entry with a bunch of tidbits that tickled my fancy. The thing that lit the biggest fire under my ass, though, was learning that the big wooden table from the series would still be in the movie. Some of the strongest moments in the series were went the whole casted was gathered round that table. Really hit the family theme home in a way that got to me. Damn I love that 'verse. My website on the movie can be found at http://serenity.50free.org/, by the way.

That pretty much does it for me, tonight. Gonna surf the 'net for a bit, with vague notions of going to bed at a reasonable hour. If I remember, I'll share more Old Forge tidbits tommorrow.

  posted by Adam at 23:22 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com