?
August 26, 2004
Day Thirty-Seven
This should have been done last night but I just plum forgot to do it. I did transcribe the camp entry complete with the two scans, so I think that should count for something. Warming up in front of the campfire yesterday morning seems positively ages ago. We were out of the campground by eleven. We took the scenic route down to Warrensburg where we stopped at a place called George Henry's for lunch. I had a crock of French Onion Soup and a tuna sandwich, and my dad had something that involved gravy, fries, and what looked like beef. We both enjoyed our meals, but the overall experience was ruined because there were atleast eight flies swarming around at any given time. I'd like to go back there, but I won't because of the flies.

I got home and hooked the internet up to my old computer; Mom needed me to get something that I didn't want to get on the laptop. While on it, I caught up with the news I'd missed over the last two days. Alot of stuff came out about the third season of Everwood, my favorite show during its first season and in my top three last season. The reason y'all got pictures last night was because the old computer's the one that still has the scanner hooked up to it. It's also the only one with half-way decent photo-editing software on it. So I transcribed the journal entry from the pamphlet and then got ready to go to the funeral.

That was an interesting affair. The house that the deceased resided in with his very not-deceased wife is a very small house on a small quiet street. When you have about thirty cars going up and down the sides of the street (A street so narrow that an RV couldn't fit through when there were cars on both sides) and above and beyond that number in a tiny house, it gets claustrophobic. It was a mix of mostly old people I didn't know, middle-aged people I vaguely knew, myself, my friend, my friend's mother and step-father, my parents, some poor twelve-year-old girl who had to sit through most of it, my friend's friend, my friend's mother's friends, and the widow (who was my friend's Granny). Part way through my friend, her friend, and I made a run to Price Chopper where I ran into Darren, who was working the register next to those blasted self-checkouts that we were using to buy a carton of lemonade with Butch Cassidy's face on it. I didn't know whether he'd get in trouble if I talked to him, so I hedged my bets and waved violently, hopped up and down and mouthed some questions to him that he looked quizzically back at me for. Or atleast I assume it was the questions that garnered the look; I mean, what else could it have been?

When I got home, there was a very creepy message on the anwsering machine with a guy addressed his query to me with first and last names and then left a number that either didn't exist or had been disconnected. Creepy. I also looked up showtimes for Garden State for tonight, which we may do after Six Flags. I love Zach Braff's gig on "Scrubs" and I just plain love Natalie Portman.

Some other stuff happened too, but you know what? Forget it, this recounting the days events method is lame. I'm not long centered in the emotions that drove me through the events I've described, so I can't really bring anything compelling to the table at the moment. Better luck tonight. Be cool, everybody.

  posted by Adam at 11:01 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com