?
August 24, 2004
Day Thirty-Six
[Transcript]
I write these words seated at the edge of a broad, open pond framed by trees in the foreground and mountains in the distance. The only sounds I hear are the chirps of birds and bugs in the air and the clang of metal in the background as my father washes our dishes in the basin I just returned from filling with water. A car engine purrs occassionally as new arrivals scope out the grounds. Our tent pitched, our fire lit, our bellies full of gas-grilled goodness. The stove that made tonight's dinner preparations possible fit inside the five-inch thick box I am currently using for a desk. The sun glimmers through the trees to my right, an hour or two from setting. We've only left for a candle to drive away the bugs and a cheapo camera. Otherwise, the day has been spent reading, setting up, and exploring. I have reached a state of near total contentment. What you are reading has been transcribed from a map of the Putnam Pond and Paradox Lake Sate Campgrounds. (Transcription note: See Image 0001) We are stayed at the former, at site 47, the only one with direct water access. According to the hands on my father's watch, it is 6:05 pm.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

  posted by Adam at 18:05 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com