?
August 29, 2004
Day Forty
I find myself standing at the edge of a precipice. Behind me, the past and everything I've held dear and valued. Ahead, an uncertain future. It was earlier tonight when I was sitting in the basement with my mom watching the Olympics that I realized this was truly the last night we had together in this configuration as a family. It was that moment that I realized everything would be different now.

Throughout the night, I have traded off between resolve, trepidation, depression, optimism, and a spectrum of feeling I can't entirely classify. It's very surreal knowing that I'm leaving home tomorrow and will never return to being home in the same way I define it now. Perhaps in my future I will find an equally satisfying version of "home". But in the end, I don't really know.

I stand on the very edge, peering down as the rough waters so very far below. Behind me, a rocky face which has always been steady trembles quietly in the oncoming tides of change. Soon enough, I will be plunging toward those unknown water. I guess we'll see whether I sink or swim.

  posted by Adam at 00:27 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com