?
December 23, 2005
Love and Not Being Alone
I have had two experiences since being home that have triggered such a fundamental reconnection with myself that I feel atleast a hair closer to who I used to be. The first was taking a night owl bath and reading The Magician's Nephew in a single sitting. That reminded me that I was not alone, that even in a world where I feel more seperate from my peers than ever before, I am still fundamentally plugged into the common human experience.
The second was going to see the new Narnia movie with my father today at the Spectrum. Afterwords my mother had not yet gotten home from work so my dad and I got a Smitty's Pizza. It reminded me strongly of the wonderful times I used to have going to see movies with him as a child — indeed, it was one of them. What followed reminded me of the father-son nights I had growing up when my mother worked nights on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Having an evening of him only being a father and me only being a son and having a marvelous time at it is one of the greatest Christmas gifts I shall get this year.
  posted by Adam at 01:37 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com