?
August 13, 2004
Day Twenty-Four
Got to go to bed so I can get up early. As such, I'm keeping this brief. At work today my boss stood up for me when a higher up challenged what I'd worked on. It's nice to get support from the people you share the office with. The big life changing news was that my mother gave me a UPS slip to look up; apparently they'd tried to deliver it today but there was no one to sign for it. My new laptop shipped mad early, and it's here! That's why I'm getting up so early tomorrow; to make sure I'm here to sign for the computer. I also went to the movies with a friend. We hit the Spectrum 8 and saw The Manchurian Candidate. Pretty good film; wheels within wheels. Lot of subliminal messages and recurring elements; Marco's speech to the one guy is verbatim to Shaw's speech to Marco. There's a woman at all of Marco's meetings with officials, always looking worried and always looking out of place. There has to be some significance to the manner in which Rosie delivered her phone number; a lot of things like that. I really had to piss for the last forty minutes, however, and as if to torture me the movie ends when an interminable scene on the edge of the ocean. Nothing but soothing sounds of water. Grr. Came back, watched "Firefly." Think I got her hooked.
  posted by Adam at 02:04 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com