?
March 17, 2006
Nostalgia and Light
At the end of an online video I was watching, the editor jokingly played the "Reading Rainbow" song over the end credits. It brought a flood of childhood memories rushing back, but above all it reminded me how much light there was in my childhood. Due in large part to being from days when 10 pm was considered a late night, all of the memories of PBS in the living room were ones with a room flooded with light; even that evening summer light that came after dinner. "Reading Rainbow" brought back "Square One" ("Mathnet" in particular) and "Wishbone". One of the dire consequences of shifting to a schedule where it's dark before I leave school and nearly light before I go to bed is how little of my life is lived in sunlight. One of the things that continually shocks me when I'm wating for the T on Tuesday and Thursday mornings is how bright it is; kind of like my memories...
  posted by Adam at 02:23 |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Profile
Adam
Freelance Film Critic Albany, NY Boston, MA Contact me


Previous Entries


Archives



Powered by Blogger Buy This Through Amazon.Com